New Blog: A Dad With RA

Ferhaan’s Blog: A Dad With RA

Welcome to my blog! My name is Ferhaan. I’m 35 years old, happily married, have a great three-year-old son and I have Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA).

RA is a chronic, inflammatory autoimmune disease that causes the immune system to attack the joints. It has been described as ‘a disabling a painful inflammatory condition, which can lead to substantial loss of mobility due to pain and joint destruction’.  I would compare it to ‘A shot at love with Tia Tequilla’; painful, debilitating and mind numbing. Something I could definitely live without.

Please welcome Ferhaan to the RA blogosphere! Ferhaan was one of my first online connections, as we are both active at the DailyStrength Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Group. Glad to see you blogging, Ferhaan!

1 Comment

New RA Blog

kittenbear; adventures in the wilds of arthritis

Porirua, Wellington, New Zealand: I am 29, an artist, a world observer and a deep (sometimes over) thinker. Recently happily married, starting a new life in the city where I grew up… after leaving 12 years ago. The reason I came home was arthritis. I had lived successfully alongside it for 13 years since I was 16. This is a journal of sorts, my first ever blog, hopefully of hope most of the time. I’ve just gotten through a 9 month battle with drug induced depression (my little black dog)after developing vasculitis (causing nasty ulcers) and as I find my feet again literally and mentally, I hope I can share something that helps someone else out there. I am very keen on diet and natural medicine right now, not from a preachy point of view I hope to be balanced. I’ve been on all the drugs I could stand for a while so I’ve drawn a line in the sand.

Kia Kaha (means stay strong, in Maori)
Arohanui (big love)

2 Comments

Another RA Blog

Carla’s Corner

Carla Kienast is the the Director of Corporate Communications for a high-tech company and the author of the acclaimed suspense novel, Wake up with Fleas (available at Amazon.com and through special order at Barnes and Nobel, Borders, and Outskirts Press).  She and her husband live in Dallas, Texas.

Carla lives with RA and has previously had a hip and shoulder replacement.

“I just started on Simponi (similar to Humira) after Humira didn’t work and I couldn’t tolerate Methotrexate. It’s relatively new and I was wondering if you or any of your readers have any experience with it.”

Glad you found us, Carla!

1 Comment

A Couple Of More RA Blogs

Making Lemonade…
Life threw me some lemons and I’m attempting to make lemonade with it. I am a 35 year old, divorced, born-again Christian mother of three wonderful children. I have homeschooled my children for six wonderful years. I was diagnoised with rheumatiod arthritis in 2004. I am currently taking methotrexate, hydroxyquine, and arava.

The Story of A Princess
This is my first post, I’m writing it while I’m in vacation, from a coffee shop, I don’t know what to say at first, I think I should introduce myself, I’m a young girl of as rheumatoid arthritis guy says : a superhero , and as I see myself a “RA Princess”, I started this blog loooong after I got RA , I think I started it because of RA.

2 Comments