Blog With A Cause

New Knees For Lisa
After 12 years of living with rheumatoid arthritis, I need total knee replacements I can’t afford. So I decided to throw myself at the mercy of the internet. Can the kindness of friends, friends of friends, and total strangers raise $7,600 and give me my life back?

Lisa has currently raised almost $3,400 towards her goal of $7,600.

Thanks to Sara at The Single Gal’s Guide to Rheumatoid Arthritis for linking to this blog on her Facebook fan page.

0 Comments

Fresh Off The Press

Pens and Needles
Helen just launched her RA blog earlier today. 25 years old with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Scoliosis and Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Helen lives in Canada, works in media and likes to procrastinate. (Her words, not mine!)

ArthriticJoints.com
This blog has been live since the start of this year. It’s a wonderful resource for many different types of information related to rheumatoid arthritis, from product reviews to summer camps to computer keyboards. If you haven’t already, be sure to take a look!

3 Comments

Some More RA Blogs

Synovial Syntax
“I am finding discovering and adapting to the limitations and plan changes imposed on me by RA as hard to bear with as the physical symptoms. I miss being more active and yet I’m often close to being overwhelmed by the challenge of raising two pre-schoolers.” This blog started earlier this month, take a look – the author’s writing style is amazing.

Bionic Lady
Adventures with artificial joints and rheumatoid arthritis. “At age 16 I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. In the following 14 years I have had many ups and downs with this disease, including have two hip replacements by the age of 25. This is disease is a day-to-day struggle for me. For years I’ve tried to keep most of my feelings inside and prove that I can handle it. I think it is about time to get it all out.” This author has been writing since February of this past year.

∞ itis
Warm Socks has been blogging about RA for years, and was one of my first friends at the RA Connect message board. Her blog is full of wonderful and helpful information that I have not found anywhere else. Please make it a part of your daily blog reading, as I do.

2 Comments

New RA Blog

Misfits Mayhem
Helly lives with juvenile idiopathic arthritis, and just started blogging this past week. Be sure to take a look at this new RA blog, and don’t forget to send Helly some sunshine as she is currently two weeks post op from hip replacement surgery!

4 Comments

Patients For A Moment

Patients For A Moment

Welcome to the first ever Patients for a Moment – a roundup of blog posts for, by, or about patients.

If this is your first time hearing about PFAM, let me explain that the goal is to build connections within the community of people who blog about illness, disease, and disability. This includes doctors, nurses, caregivers, even policy wonks – but especially patients.

My goal in organizing this carnival is to give blogging patients – many of whom focus on a specific disease – a chance to reach out to a broader audience. I recognize that blogging can be an important way to talk and think about a diagnosis. But I also think we as patients ought to engage other patients with different diseases, to explore what we have in common as people with illness. The more we’re able to engage and communicate with one another, the better off we’ll all be.

duncancross.net

Be sure to check out this inaugural edition of Patients for a Moment, which presents a collection of thirteen blog posts. Each post provides a different perspective on illness, disease, and disability.

Included in this round-up is RA Guy’s post Survivor: Tierra Del Fuego (Season 19).

1 Comment