One More New RA Blog

RA and Me
Angela was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis just a little less than a year ago, and recently started writing her personal RA blog at the end of May. Married for 15 years, Angie and her husband have 2 kids, 2 dogs, and 1 cat. Please be sure to take a look at her blog!

P.S. Not to be confused with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Me. If you ever want to read an inspirational story of knee replacement surgery and recovery, this is the place to go!

0 Comments

More RA Blogs

Rheumatoid Arthritis Sucks
…But Life Still Rocks! Kim launched her blog today with a wonderful post on “those” people. Please welcome Kim to the RA blogosphere!

Gentle Hugs Cafe
An Autoimmune Disease Resource Site. Since February, Sarah has been putting together a lot of information on alternative treatments. Anyone who is interested in this topic should definitely take a closer look at her blog!

Life Is Going To Be OK!
Stephanie too has been blogging since February (I just found her on Facebook), and adds a fresh and energetic voice to the world of RA bloggers!

4 Comments

New RA Blog

Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
Andrew is married with four children, and was formally diagnosed with RA in January 2009.  It’s wonderful to be able to read another male voice of RA!

Arthritis Is a Journey
Just a couple of weeks ago I met MissDazey online, and have been interacting with her on my blog, on Twitter, and on DailyStrength. So I was very happy to read her fresh off the press blog – launched just today!

3 Comments

Why Blog About Chronic Illness?

Kali from Brilliant Mind Broken Body added the following comment to my post The New Normal, where she talks about the benefits of writing and reading chronic illness blogs.

Thank you, Kali. I don’t think it could have been said any better.

I think that in some ways, a blog is a better coping tool than a private journal.

In a blog, you can get support. Sure, it’s from relative strangers in the anonymity of the web…but still, getting that support, and knowing you have people who watch for your entries…that can be a huge boost.

You also get community. Sometimes we just chat with you in your comments, after all – it’s not always support per se, but it’s being able to have conversations about what your illness does with people who get it.

You get suggestions – sometimes it’s a different way to think, sometimes an aid that might help you.

And finally…at some point, you start getting people willing to give you a little tough love when you’ve earned it. Hopefully, what that means is people who listen to what you’re saying you do and gently telling you when you’re being an idiot. Heaven knows, we all need someone willing to do that. And at least this idiot over here is more willing to listen to other people who’ve been there.

I very much agree with what Kim is saying. We have to de-program ourselves from the idea of what strength, productivity, and moving forward mean, and re-write what those words mean in our lives.

4 Comments