The Power Of Ten

Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy has been asked more than once, “What can be done to raise awareness of rheumatoid arthritis?” I think that all of us have the ability to raise awareness of rheumatoid arthritis, whether we live with this disease or not. In my opinion, real awareness comes from real people!

So today I would like to launch Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy’s first awareness movement: The Power of Ten. It’s easy, it’s free, and it’s something that each one of us can easily do.

The Power Of TenThe Power of Ten
Take ten minutes over the next ten days and talk to at least ten people about rheumatoid arthritis. Real awareness comes from real people!

www.rheumatoidarthritisguy.com/2009/07/the-power-of-ten/

Print out ten copies of Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy’s “60-Second Guide to RA” and share it with family, friends, and co-workers. Email ten people the link to this guide (www.rheumatoidarthritisguy.com/60-second-guide-to-ra/). Retweet. Share it on Facebook. Don’t forget, it only takes a minute to read this guide!

Please remember to ask the ten people whom you talk with to please share this information with another ten people. That’s the beauty of the power of ten – it’s exponential.

I think it’s fair to say that most of us continue to deal with issues that arise from the lack of understanding of the illness with which we live. Things aren’t going to change themselves. Please do your part and help raise awareness of rheumatoid arthritis. All of use will be helped, and it will only take ten minutes.

*****

Related Links
The Single Gal’s Guide to Rheumatoid Arthritis

1. Jules says:

Tweeted and Posted on Fb. Just enough time left to send those emails before work. Have a wonderful day!

2. Millicent says:

Sent out many emails w/links to your guide & singlegal blog & will spread the word wherever I can. I don’t “tweet,” but I will do everything I can to raise awareness. Knowledge is POWER!!

3. WarmSocks says:

My normal MO is to not say anything, because people just don’t get it. You are right, though. They’re never going to “get it” unless things change. I’ll send out some links.

4. Beth says:

Very nice! I will be sharing with appropriate credits and also taking a copy to rheumatologist. There are a lot of un-educated RA patients too!

5. Bert Stenzel says:

Hi Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy! I just printed the 60 second explanation out and will share because people don’t get it, but they will because I won’t give up!

6. lynnie says:

Yes,I will spread the ‘Power of TEN’ around to everyone I know,especially my rheumatologist and Doctor.
    Gee RAGuy,thanks for being an inspiring comrad to us all.You have made the world of difference to me by sharing your valuable
    insight with us.I instantly felt I could take on the world(to the point my body allows me)I no longer feel isolated.
    Awareness of RA is very vital,not only to us,but to the Medical Institutes,especially to new patients,like us,have no idea where to begin,or who to talk to when a death sentence has just flashed in front of their eyes.Thanks again RAGuy!