Me and my operation: I was in agony – so they sawed off my ankles and gave me new ones
Hip and knee replacements are among the most commonly performed operations in Britain. Now patients are being offered ankle replacement, too. Ailsa Bosworth, 60, chief executive of the National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society, was one of the first to benefit. She talks to LUCY ELKINS.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- Accepting Chronic Pain: Is it Necessary?March 27, 2015 - 9:09 am
- Harvard Gazette: A Journey Into IllnessJanuary 12, 2015 - 4:19 pm
- Health.com: 11 Famous People With RAOctober 1, 2014 - 9:50 am
- Arthritis Broadcast Network: Spotlight On Arthritis SuperheroesSeptember 10, 2014 - 7:34 pm
- The New York Times: Actress, Artist, Sometimes Both At OnceMay 20, 2014 - 10:29 am