Hello RA Guy..
I am 40 year old active, single guy, director of a company and apart from the current serious struggle for my company to stay afloat druing this serious financial disaster life was looking pretty good..
After a couple of years of my right knee flaring here and there and more joints in the last twelve months, five weeks ago after a multiple joint flare up I was diagnosed with RA with a Rheumatoid Factor of 26 (weakly positive). While waiting for a consultation with a rheumatologist I was prescribed Diclofenac, and on Christmas Eve started a course of Prednisolone tapering from 20mg to 5mg over the course of the next month to relieve immediate inflammations and Salazopyrin EN increasing from 500mg to 2000mg over the same period.
I have just finished reading every post you have blogged since you started this RA diary. To be honest, although very informative, I am completely shi**ing myself at the prospects of what looks incredibily likely I am to face in the coming hours, days, weeks, months, years and decades..
Not being married or in a relationship with anyone at the moment (I am a fussy fu**er!) I live on my own and the future looks like it can and will be extremely difficult, for someone living on his own. I still have my mum and sisters in the next town who will support me through thick and thin, but the future has suddenly started to look very bleak.
I have so many questions about medicines and organic supplements and have no RA TEAM to speak of and dont really know where to turn.
Any advice from anyone here?
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- People Magazine: Megan Park: Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis Has Made Me ‘More Empathetic’ As An ActorJune 5, 2015 - 10:30 am
- Accepting Chronic Pain: Is it Necessary?March 27, 2015 - 9:09 am
- Harvard Gazette: A Journey Into IllnessJanuary 12, 2015 - 4:19 pm
- Health.com: 11 Famous People With RAOctober 1, 2014 - 9:50 am
- Arthritis Broadcast Network: Spotlight On Arthritis SuperheroesSeptember 10, 2014 - 7:34 pm