For millions of Canadians, arthritis is a debilitating and life-changing disease. And most of the over four million Canadians currently living with the disease are under the age of 65.
On Sunday, May 30, The Arthritis Society will bring the Walk to Fight Arthritis to 17 communities across Canada. There is no cost to participate in the walk, but participants are encouraged to raise a minimum of $100 in pledges. To participate in the walk, please visitwww.walktofightarthritis.ca, choose a walk location and complete an online registration form.
Over the last few weeks, walk participants have been visiting the website and sharing their stories about their fight against this disease. For every one of these stories shared, Tylenol is donating $5 towards the Walk to Fight Arthritis. As a way to unify all walk participants during the event, everyone will be given a Blue Badge to wear during the walk to demonstrate the changing face of arthritis – that the disease impacts Canadians of all ages and not just the elderly.
Almost 2,000 registrants, 335 teams and 375 stories shared. Almost $250,000 raised.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- The Columbian: Arthritis Not stopping 20-Year-Old Nursing StudentApril 15, 2014 - 3:25 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Seeks Director Of FinanceJanuary 9, 2014 - 6:53 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Building Foundations for the FutureDecember 17, 2013 - 5:24 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Our Hands Can! Community StoriesDecember 16, 2013 - 1:51 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Managing StressDecember 13, 2013 - 10:14 am