Press Release: Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy To Be Inducted Into The Flare Hall Of Fame

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy To Be Inducted Into The Flare Hall Of Fame

Los Angeles, California (February 28, 2011) – The Worldwide Association of Flares announced today that Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy would be inducted into the Flare Hall of Fame during this year’s WAF show in Los Angeles. James Franco will host the event, which means that it will be almost, but not quite, as painful as an actual flare.

Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy has experienced many types of flares during the many years in which he has lived with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Some have lasted for a couple of hours, while others have lasted for a couple of months. While all of these flares have a lot in common, the truth to the matter is that two of them are never exactly alike. Flares are characterized by increased levels of disease activity (inflammation), resulting in extreme pain and limited-to-no mobility.

“Yesterday’s flare definitely stands out as one of my strongest ever,” RA Guy said earlier today, when he was told he would be an inductee into the Flare Hall of Fame. “It was in both legs, both hands, was creeping into my shoulders, and was tightening up my neck. Some of us use the phrase ‘drowning in pain’ figuratively, but yesterday it became all too real.” Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy was faced with a tough decision as the flare entered its toughest moments: he could either give in to the anxiety and fear and quite literally freak out, or he could take a deep breath, ask for company and talk his way through the worst minutes. We are pleased to report that he chose the latter.

Dealing with flares is never easy, but many individuals report that if approached correctly, each new flare can provide a little extra insight into how to deal with the next flare.

The Flare Hall of Fame was established to honor the noteworthy achievements of individuals living with various illnesses that result in flares. If you feel like you too are qualified to receive recognition in the Flare Hall of Fame, you are encouraged to share your story. For more information, please visit www.rheumatoidarthritisguy.com.

Contact:
Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy
rheumatoidarthritisguy@gmail.com

###

1. Rose says:

RA Guy, sure hope you’re feeling better soon! That’s why I’m tired ALL the time… PAIN. It drains the life out of you. We’d be so blessed if you could change your name to the ‘Finally Healed Guy’. Then me and so many others could also be healed. Praying they find THE cure!

2. Joan says:

I was in the running, but that dang cimzia kicked in and my shot at the big time was lost! Congrats to you!

(seriously, I hope you feel better soon)

3. Daniel Wilde says:

I’m glad you did well. I have had R/A since December 25, 1982. I have been having severe flares for over week. High doses of pain meds and predizone. Thanks for the site.

4. Laurie says:

I was laughing at the first paragraph..those Oscars were painful at times! James Franco was even a no show at his own post-Oscar party. It was just awkward at times.

Hoping your flare fades out…I have been off my Enbrel for a month…bad cough/antibiotics/continued cough. Had to visit pulmonologist who said the xrays show I have arthritis in my ribs and my lungs are not inflating all the way. I also have SJogrens, and he said your lungs can actually stick together from the drying out of lung tissue. Going back later this week to get CT/lung function test results. At least I was able to restart enbrel today…

I think I want to win the award for best visual effects on a routine xray!

5. sherry elkins says:

You really had me going.. I am glad you were inducted, you deserve the press. Hope your feeling better!

6. Wren says:

Franco as host was brilliant, Guy. As ever, I’m in awe of your sense of humor in the face of … well… agony. I hope that watching reruns of Franco at the Academy will make you feel ever so much better.

Gentle hugs for you. Be well.

7. Carla says:

As someone who writes news releases for a living, my congratulations on on your ability to bring humor to an otherwise untenable situation. Let’s just hope that you’re not awarded the lifetime achievement award! Hope relief is in your very near future. All the best.

8. Lene says:

I’m sorry you had a bad flare – I recognize what you write about. That said, this was really funny. Having suffered through the Oscars, the line about James Franco had me howling.

9. Polly says:

I have no idea who James Franco is but you still really made me laugh, although I’m REALLY sorry you’re having such a rough time! I’m flaring at the moment but I don’t think I’d even make it to the semi-finals! Lucky me!