FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy To Be Inducted Into The Flare Hall Of Fame
Los Angeles, California (February 28, 2011) – The Worldwide Association of Flares announced today that Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy would be inducted into the Flare Hall of Fame during this year’s WAF show in Los Angeles. James Franco will host the event, which means that it will be almost, but not quite, as painful as an actual flare.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy has experienced many types of flares during the many years in which he has lived with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Some have lasted for a couple of hours, while others have lasted for a couple of months. While all of these flares have a lot in common, the truth to the matter is that two of them are never exactly alike. Flares are characterized by increased levels of disease activity (inflammation), resulting in extreme pain and limited-to-no mobility.
“Yesterday’s flare definitely stands out as one of my strongest ever,” RA Guy said earlier today, when he was told he would be an inductee into the Flare Hall of Fame. “It was in both legs, both hands, was creeping into my shoulders, and was tightening up my neck. Some of us use the phrase ‘drowning in pain’ figuratively, but yesterday it became all too real.” Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy was faced with a tough decision as the flare entered its toughest moments: he could either give in to the anxiety and fear and quite literally freak out, or he could take a deep breath, ask for company and talk his way through the worst minutes. We are pleased to report that he chose the latter.
Dealing with flares is never easy, but many individuals report that if approached correctly, each new flare can provide a little extra insight into how to deal with the next flare.
The Flare Hall of Fame was established to honor the noteworthy achievements of individuals living with various illnesses that result in flares. If you feel like you too are qualified to receive recognition in the Flare Hall of Fame, you are encouraged to share your story. For more information, please visit www.rheumatoidarthritisguy.com.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- Canyons, Bridges, And WavesAugust 27, 2014 - 8:23 am
- I Thank My Rheumatoid Arthritis For…May 25, 2014 - 1:07 pm
- Visual Journal: My StoryDecember 18, 2013 - 12:31 am
- FreefallDecember 11, 2013 - 11:46 am
- My Decision To Not Use Medicines Right Now Is All About Personal ResponsibilityNovember 6, 2013 - 11:13 am
- Arthritis Broadcast Network: Spotlight On Arthritis SuperheroesSeptember 10, 2014 - 7:34 pm
- The New York Times: Actress, Artist, Sometimes Both At OnceMay 20, 2014 - 10:29 am
- The Columbian: Arthritis Not stopping 20-Year-Old Nursing StudentApril 15, 2014 - 3:25 pm
- Name My Cane!November 9, 2013 - 11:51 pm
- StælkenNovember 4, 2013 - 1:57 pm