Studies have shown that early aggressive treatment of RA can limit joint damage, which in turn limits loss of movement, decreased ability to work, higher medical costs and potential surgery. In fact, early diagnosis and treatment can help stop joint damage.
- Have pain or swelling in 3 or more joints
- Have stiffness in 3 or more joints
- Feel pain in the wrists, fingers or toes
- And have had this problem for less than 12 months
Then you might benefit from a screening to determine if you have RA.
Because Rheumatoid Arthritis is a serious disease, early diagnosis and treatment are critical to enable those affected to continue living productive lifestyles. Advancements in research and drug development, joint protection techniques and self-management techniques have made it possible for more people with RA to live healthier and more fulfilling live
For a screening and information on Rheumatoid Arthritis, please call 1-866-720-4297 or visit the Arthritis Foundation New York City Chapter Homepage.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- The New York Times: Actress, Artist, Sometimes Both At OnceMay 20, 2014 - 10:29 am
- The Columbian: Arthritis Not stopping 20-Year-Old Nursing StudentApril 15, 2014 - 3:25 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Seeks Director Of FinanceJanuary 9, 2014 - 6:53 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Building Foundations for the FutureDecember 17, 2013 - 5:24 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Our Hands Can! Community StoriesDecember 16, 2013 - 1:51 pm