For a chef, the inspiration to move into new creative territory can arrive with a euphoric flash.
Sometimes, though, inspiration chooses a darker, more distressing route. Consider the story of Seamus Mullen.
“I woke up one day with pain in my hip, and I couldn’t even move,” he recalled the other day, as he took a break from overseeing the construction work on his latest restaurant, Tertulia, which is set to open in the West Village later this month.
He had experienced mysterious blasts of agony before. Now and then his shoulder would flare with searing, paralyzing pain that he compared to “having a hot knife stuck inside your joint.” But he had never endured anything like this.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- Show Us Your Hands! Seeks Director Of FinanceJanuary 9, 2014 - 6:53 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Building Foundations for the FutureDecember 17, 2013 - 5:24 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Our Hands Can! Community StoriesDecember 16, 2013 - 1:51 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Managing StressDecember 13, 2013 - 10:14 am
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Recalibration: Creating a BalanceDecember 12, 2013 - 11:07 am