B-I-N-G-O

Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy is pleased to present Flare.

Have you ever found yourself in the middle of yet another flare and thought to yourself “How can I possibly have any fun?”

Now you have the answer.

Play Flare!

This game will bring countless hours of fun and excitement.

Play in the morning! Play at night! Play with friends! Play alone!

Flare Card

Number of Players
1 person, minimum.

Instructions
Check your body joint by joint. For every joint that is inflamed or in pain, place a marker on the corresponding square on the Flare card.

How to Win
Mark five squares in a row (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal) and you win. Don’t forget to shout out “Flare!”

Blackout Rules
All squares must be marked in order to win at Blackout. Please note: Playing blackout is not recommended for beginners.

Disclaimer
Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy assumes no responsibility for any damages that might be caused by playing Flare. I can imagine it already. “Come on left elbow…left elbow…left elbow. I NEED my left elbow to hurt in order to Flare! Lucky left elbow, please don’t fail me now!”

*****

1. Jules says:

This gave me a real giggle this morning. Though I am not looking forward to being “able” to play- I will definately think of this during my next flare. LOL

2. Linda C says:

FLARE! I win! Now what is my prize? Oh..a new funny looking fork and spoon to use because I can’t hold regular ones. How nice. I also win the big prize of meeting a new friend, RA Guy.

3. Txnana says:

Totally awesome! Very creative! Printing out copies to take to my rheumy….he will love it! Thank you, RA Guy. I read your blog everyday. :)

Hmmm…I hadn’t thought about prizes. I didn’t think there were going to be so many winners!

I do like Linda’s suggestion about funny looking utensils. Only yesterday was I using my extra-wide grip soon, as I struggled to cut through the Jell-O!

5. Laurie says:

BINGO!!! That’s what I have been playing since yesterday morning, and I didn’t even know it! We are supposed to have storms the next 3 days.
    Next game of BINGO will be the letter X, the prize is a virtual hug….let’s play!

6. Elizabeth says:

ROTFLOL!! I love it! *Almost* makes me look forward to my next flare so I can play. Oh! Gee! I think I’ve echoed most of the people here!

Will share with my, rheumy-doc, too, like Txnana.

7. Nanciann says:

OK-What if I “think” I might have this…how and where do I go to get the correct diagnosis fast?

8. Dawn says:

OMG….for the first time I have laughed about having RA this game is a knee slapper! (ouch my knee hurts) LOL

9. allensgirl says:

I am so glad I found this site, I love your attitude RA GUY. I have had RA for 16 years, and have had major depressions, I don’t think I’ve stopped laughing for the last 3 days. Needless to say it’s hard to be depressed while reading such uplifting stories from so many diagnosed with RA. I am trying to read everything and it’s like a good book that I can’t put down! God bless you all, he has used you to bless me. Thank you.

10. Deborah says:

RLOL! Now I have that drat song stuck in my brain! “There was a farmer who had a dog and BINGO was his name-O…BINGO, BINGO, BINGO and BINGO was his name O.” Except now my song is going…there was a guy who had RA and BINGO was his name-O, BINGO, BINGO, BINGO and BINGO was his name O. Oh brother!!! Love your blog!!!

11. Alicia Hoover says:

Your sense of humor is so incredible! ;) Thank you so much for giving me smiles even on bad days! You have a true gift for writing and I am so glad that I found your blog!

12. Thrive With RA™ says:

Some people have all the fun… and the talent of humor! Creative, laugh-out-loud…good times! :) I’d add “jaw bone” and “neck and/or cervical spine” to Revision A/Game 2. Thanks for making RA “fun!” ;)

13. Bella's mom says:

I just found your website and I would like to say THANK YOU. I’m sure I will be playing bingo soon.

14. Sharon says:

This is too funny, ROLMBO!!!! I woke up in a bad flare this morning, this made me laugh so hard I think I may have hurt something. Please keep them coming, sometimes this is the only things that get me through my day!! :)

15. Leslie Metlis says:

I woke up in terrible pain this morning… as the day went on with help from pain killers I can tolerate the pain… night is falling and I feel terrible., its going to rain…. My neighbor downstairs always asks me if it is going to rain…lol.. My husband calls me the human borameter… have to laugh….

16. Bernice says:

Just discovered you and the timing is perfect as I am off work waiting for knee replacement surgeries… Love your blog and your sense of humor!! I try to laugh and be positive always – people think I am a bit crazy but my favorite saying is “you might as well laugh as cry”.. And rain and humidity are not my friends!!! It is so fascinating to read all your stories as I don’t know anyone to talk to about it – I have already learned more about the disease today than I have In the past few years.. I just bit the bullet and called my doctors office for a referral for a wheelchair – that is a huge step for me so thank you – facing it full on now : )