The American College of Rheumatology Research & Education Foundation was established in 1985 as a 501 (c) 3 organization, with the mission to improve patients’ lives through support of research and training that advances the prevention, treatment and cure of rheumatic diseases.
- On July 1, 2008, the REF awarded $10.5 million in awards and grants to almost 200 individuals and institutional grant recipients, making us the second largest funder of rheumatology research and training programs in the U.S.
- Today, due in large part to the REF’s efforts, the number of fellows completing rheumatology training programs has increased by more than 50 percent.
On average, ninety cents out of every dollar donated to the REF goes directly to support programs designed to recruit, train and nurture the next generation of rheumatologists and rheumatology health professionals.
- FreefallDecember 11, 2013 - 11:46 am
- Sky HighDecember 6, 2013 - 4:58 pm
- My Decision To Not Use Medicines Right Now Is All About Personal ResponsibilityNovember 6, 2013 - 11:13 am
- Rock BottomOctober 29, 2013 - 12:04 pm
- How I Keep On Moving While Living With Rheumatoid ArthritisOctober 17, 2013 - 10:23 am