The American College of Rheumatology Research & Education Foundation was established in 1985 as a 501 (c) 3 organization, with the mission to improve patients’ lives through support of research and training that advances the prevention, treatment and cure of rheumatic diseases.
- On July 1, 2008, the REF awarded $10.5 million in awards and grants to almost 200 individuals and institutional grant recipients, making us the second largest funder of rheumatology research and training programs in the U.S.
- Today, due in large part to the REF’s efforts, the number of fellows completing rheumatology training programs has increased by more than 50 percent.
On average, ninety cents out of every dollar donated to the REF goes directly to support programs designed to recruit, train and nurture the next generation of rheumatologists and rheumatology health professionals.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- People Magazine: Megan Park: Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis Has Made Me ‘More Empathetic’ As An ActorJune 5, 2015 - 10:30 am
- Accepting Chronic Pain: Is it Necessary?March 27, 2015 - 9:09 am
- Harvard Gazette: A Journey Into IllnessJanuary 12, 2015 - 4:19 pm
- Health.com: 11 Famous People With RAOctober 1, 2014 - 9:50 am
- Arthritis Broadcast Network: Spotlight On Arthritis SuperheroesSeptember 10, 2014 - 7:34 pm