Rheumatoid Arthritis affects half a million people in the UK, three quarters of them are women.
Three quarters of Rheumatoid arthritis sufferers are women, and it affects women at a younger age than men. Now an international drugs trial is helping young women like 33 year old Wendy Taylor to regain mobility. Her Consultant in Newcastle, Professor John Isaacs, is leading the drugs trial in the UK, and developing new cellular treatments to help fight the disease. Woman’s Hour will be finding out how the drugs have transformed Wendy’s life, and what new hope there is for arthritis patients.
Jenni is joined by Wendy Taylor, who was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis aged 30 and by John Isaacs, Professor of Clinical Rheumatology at Newcastle University.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- Show Us Your Hands! Seeks Director Of FinanceJanuary 9, 2014 - 6:53 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Building Foundations for the FutureDecember 17, 2013 - 5:24 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Our Hands Can! Community StoriesDecember 16, 2013 - 1:51 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Managing StressDecember 13, 2013 - 10:14 am
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Recalibration: Creating a BalanceDecember 12, 2013 - 11:07 am