Rheumatoid Arthritis affects half a million people in the UK, three quarters of them are women.
Three quarters of Rheumatoid arthritis sufferers are women, and it affects women at a younger age than men. Now an international drugs trial is helping young women like 33 year old Wendy Taylor to regain mobility. Her Consultant in Newcastle, Professor John Isaacs, is leading the drugs trial in the UK, and developing new cellular treatments to help fight the disease. Woman’s Hour will be finding out how the drugs have transformed Wendy’s life, and what new hope there is for arthritis patients.
Jenni is joined by Wendy Taylor, who was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis aged 30 and by John Isaacs, Professor of Clinical Rheumatology at Newcastle University.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- Health.com: 11 Famous People With RAOctober 1, 2014 - 9:50 am
- Arthritis Broadcast Network: Spotlight On Arthritis SuperheroesSeptember 10, 2014 - 7:34 pm
- The New York Times: Actress, Artist, Sometimes Both At OnceMay 20, 2014 - 10:29 am
- The Columbian: Arthritis Not stopping 20-Year-Old Nursing StudentApril 15, 2014 - 3:25 pm
- Name My Cane!November 9, 2013 - 11:51 pm