So here I am, diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at 40 years old. Although my body has been dealing with pain and stiffness, lately it pales in comparison to what my mind has been going through. What will be in store for me in the future? Will I be able to pass my annual physical fitness test to remain employed as a firefighter next year, 5 years from now, 10 years from now? Why does my wife not seem the least bit concerned about this diagnosis? I know my current physical condition and workout routines helps with my condition and will certainly assist me long term with this disease. My fear physically, is the medication(s) I have been taking as well as MTX, which I started last night. I wish I had the ability to look ahead, find the answers to these questions as well as many more, and breathe a collective sigh of relief with what I see, good or bad.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- Show Us Your Hands! Seeks Director Of FinanceJanuary 9, 2014 - 6:53 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Building Foundations for the FutureDecember 17, 2013 - 5:24 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Our Hands Can! Community StoriesDecember 16, 2013 - 1:51 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Managing StressDecember 13, 2013 - 10:14 am
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Recalibration: Creating a BalanceDecember 12, 2013 - 11:07 am