So here I am, diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at 40 years old. Although my body has been dealing with pain and stiffness, lately it pales in comparison to what my mind has been going through. What will be in store for me in the future? Will I be able to pass my annual physical fitness test to remain employed as a firefighter next year, 5 years from now, 10 years from now? Why does my wife not seem the least bit concerned about this diagnosis? I know my current physical condition and workout routines helps with my condition and will certainly assist me long term with this disease. My fear physically, is the medication(s) I have been taking as well as MTX, which I started last night. I wish I had the ability to look ahead, find the answers to these questions as well as many more, and breathe a collective sigh of relief with what I see, good or bad.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- Health.com: 11 Famous People With RAOctober 1, 2014 - 9:50 am
- Arthritis Broadcast Network: Spotlight On Arthritis SuperheroesSeptember 10, 2014 - 7:34 pm
- The New York Times: Actress, Artist, Sometimes Both At OnceMay 20, 2014 - 10:29 am
- The Columbian: Arthritis Not stopping 20-Year-Old Nursing StudentApril 15, 2014 - 3:25 pm
- Name My Cane!November 9, 2013 - 11:51 pm