It’s hard to recall when I was first diagnosed because it was over 10 years ago, but there are a few things that do stick out in my memory. It all started when I was in 6th grade and had a very swollen knee. It was painful and I couldn’t bend it. I remember limping around. As a dancer, my family just figured there are plenty of ways I could have injured my knee. When the swelling went down and I woke up with giant, swollen hands, my mother (an RN) knew something was wrong. When we arrived at the pediatrician’s office I knew it was something serious by how frantic the doctor and staff were.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- Harvard Gazette: A Journey Into IllnessJanuary 12, 2015 - 4:19 pm
- Health.com: 11 Famous People With RAOctober 1, 2014 - 9:50 am
- Arthritis Broadcast Network: Spotlight On Arthritis SuperheroesSeptember 10, 2014 - 7:34 pm
- The New York Times: Actress, Artist, Sometimes Both At OnceMay 20, 2014 - 10:29 am
- The Columbian: Arthritis Not stopping 20-Year-Old Nursing StudentApril 15, 2014 - 3:25 pm