It’s hard to recall when I was first diagnosed because it was over 10 years ago, but there are a few things that do stick out in my memory. It all started when I was in 6th grade and had a very swollen knee. It was painful and I couldn’t bend it. I remember limping around. As a dancer, my family just figured there are plenty of ways I could have injured my knee. When the swelling went down and I woke up with giant, swollen hands, my mother (an RN) knew something was wrong. When we arrived at the pediatrician’s office I knew it was something serious by how frantic the doctor and staff were.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- Show Us Your Hands! Seeks Director Of FinanceJanuary 9, 2014 - 6:53 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Building Foundations for the FutureDecember 17, 2013 - 5:24 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Our Hands Can! Community StoriesDecember 16, 2013 - 1:51 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Managing StressDecember 13, 2013 - 10:14 am
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Recalibration: Creating a BalanceDecember 12, 2013 - 11:07 am