Happy New Year 2010!

Happy New Year

Last night at around one in the morning, as I was trying to fall asleep, a major flare presented itself. My anxiety was high and I was on the verge of tears. I decided not to cry – not because I’m ashamed of crying, but because I didn’t want my anxiety to get any worse than it already was. I instead started to focus on taking some deep breaths, and things seemed to get better.

As I started falling asleep, finally, I told myself: “I hope that I don’t have much pain tomorrow, and I hope that my mobility is not compromised.” Feelings of anxiety started to creep back – even though I was hoping for the best, I knew that chances were more than likely that I would have pain and that I would have problems with my hands and my feet the following day. (I did.)

So I amended my original statement, and ended up with: “I hope that I don’t have much pain tomorrow, and I hope that my mobility is not compromised – but if I experience either of these two things tomorrow, I know that I have the strength to get through them, and that I will continue to do the best to take care of myself.”

Just before I dozed off, I thought to myself that this would make a great resolution for the new year.

So for 2010, I would like to wish all of us living with rheumatoid arthritis the best of health, the smallest amount of pain, and the lowest levels of disability. But if pain and disability do decide to present themselves, I wish all of us the physical strength and the emotional peace of mind to cope with these symptoms to the best of our abilities, so that we may continue to grow both individually and as a community.

Cheers and Happy New Year 2010!

1. Donna Hays says:

A Relaxed Mind, A Peaceful Soul, A Joyful Spirit, A Healthy Pain Free Body & Heart full of Love..All these are my Prayers for You.. Happy New Year

2. Stephanie Curry says:

Amen! Happy New Year to all! Wishing everyone a wonderful and blessed new year. New Year New You!

3. Hazel says:

Your inspirational words have meant a lot to me this year. Thank you for creating this wonderful blog. I wish you happiness and health in 2010.
    xo

4. Dottie says:

On 2009 I met my first superhero, who taught many interesting things to a lot of people…including me. I hope I can keep him as a friend for the 2010, and ever. Definetely I´ll be there always for him.
    Happy VERY HEALTHY new year.
    FELICIDADES Y ABRAZOS.

5. Kali says:

*grins* Aw, c’mon RA Guy, can’t you include the rest of us with invisible illnesses that flare?

Best of health and strength, peace and happiness to you in this new year.

~Kali

6. Lori Knapp says:

This is my first visit to your page and I appreciate your positive approach to dealing with RA and all of your informative links. This is a wonderful outlet for those of us who choose to fight the fight and never give in. Thanks for the inspiration.