Understanding and Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
Cari Elliott is a sophomore Mass Media student at Henderson State University in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. She loves to write, even when her hands (and her bum thumb) do not. After obtaining her degree, Cari hopes to become an author, preferably of science fiction and fantasy novels, but she would be happy writing about anything. Cari played the snare drum in her high school’s marching band, but has since then hung up her sticks due to the RA. While Cari isn’t writing, she can be found scrap-booking, painting, playing video games, jamming to some rock ‘n’ roll tunes, and spending time with her family, friends, and boyfriend, who encourage her to live life to the fullest, despite her disease.
Cari hopes to learn about everything and anything, travel everywhere, meet many people of many cultures, learn several languages, and experience everything life has to offer. And no silly disease can stop her.
This bum thumb used to not be so bum. While it is currently on the mend, the bum thumb prefers taking naps in it’s little splint bed, taking long baths, and relaxing all day. On better days, the bum thumb likes to let Cari write. But it’s a very picky thumb. xD
Read More: http://mybumthumb.wordpress.com/
- People Magazine: Megan Park: Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis Has Made Me ‘More Empathetic’ As An ActorJune 5, 2015 - 10:30 am
- Accepting Chronic Pain: Is it Necessary?March 27, 2015 - 9:09 am
- Harvard Gazette: A Journey Into IllnessJanuary 12, 2015 - 4:19 pm
- Health.com: 11 Famous People With RAOctober 1, 2014 - 9:50 am
- Arthritis Broadcast Network: Spotlight On Arthritis SuperheroesSeptember 10, 2014 - 7:34 pm