More Rheumatoid Arthritis Blogs

RA Guy Community News

Living Rheum Journals
For four months I have been battling my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was pulled from all previous meds as they were not working & giving me terrible side effects.  I have tried many oral medications to no avail.  The inflammation is no better, the pain is still very much present & the fatigue is always a reminder of how badly this disease can wear one down.  I haven’t given up but the fight against the disease has been exhausting.
Read More:

The Lynamber Times on PNN
My thesis is that one can choose to celebrate or mourn one’s lot in life, and there is always justification for either. And it’s going to hurt whether I sit home ,or go out and have a good time. Probably less, in fact. If I can’t make it today, I’ll go tomorrow or the next day.
Read More:

Notes from Oklahoma
It has been over a year since I entered the world of full-blown Rheumatoid Arthritis. There were signs earlier, but it was December 30th, 2009, when I sought help because of the intense pain and swelling in my hands and feet. Last year at this time I was still enjoying the benefits of a hefty steroid shot and would be begging for one every other month if I knew the docs would allow it. But steroids are not the solution and the side affects too great.
Read More:

Mommy with Rheumatoid Arthritis
It was the summer of 2005, when I was 25 years old, the first signs of this awful debilitating disease hit me.  My right wrist was flared one morning. (aching, red, and simply stuck)  There was limited mobility and initially I thought, I must of sprained it somehow.  A few days past and the pain got worse to a point where it was not possible to drive (manual transmission).  Dreading to go to the doctors, I went. He then sent me for  blood tests and my RA Factor came back at 300 when it should be around 90 and so there it was, on paper, my initial diagnosis.
Read More:

A Charmed Life
Because I know you are all on the edge of your seats I’m going to tell you about my doctor appointment today. It was 70 degrees here. When I woke up this morning I felt good. No aches. “Ay crap.” I think to myself . She’s going to push my joints and they’ll be just fine. Then she’ll tell me I’m a nut job and send me home. This was not the case. We talked for a long time about my “history”. She said it was okay that I felt good today. She said that it is common for people traveling down from the cold arctic (Alaska) say they feel better here in sunny California.My doctor came to the conclusion that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Read More: