JRA…Journal Of A Radical Arthritis, Chick
Hello everyone! I am 25 years old and was diagnosed with JRA (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis) when I was just 3 years old. I’ve had my battles with this disease over the years, and have decided to create a blog. I want to share my stories and adivce with other RA chicks, or anyone interested, to raise awareness and get insight from others. Feel free to comment/question me about anything. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy!
Read More: http://maybeitsmallory.blogspot.com/
Kids Get Arthritis Too: Living With Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
Ok, so it all started about six years ago from now – when I was 12 – in the last week of May, 2004…We waited for a long time again at the waiting rooms in emergency; as I remember being told at 2:00am in the morning, that I was diagnosed with: Systemic Onset of Juvenile Arthritis. To my family and me, these words baffled us. Immediately after diagnosis, I was put on 50mg of cortezone – including numerous other medications - and spent a week in hospital. It was the worst week of my life, where I was in pain every minute of the day and where no amount of medication could treat the pain. I couldn’t walk and just screamed due to the overwhelming agony. I mean, I wasn’t moving - but my body ached and ached and ached – and I couldn’t understand why.
Read More: http://kidsgetarthritistoo.wordpress.com/
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- Harvard Gazette: A Journey Into IllnessJanuary 12, 2015 - 4:19 pm
- Health.com: 11 Famous People With RAOctober 1, 2014 - 9:50 am
- Arthritis Broadcast Network: Spotlight On Arthritis SuperheroesSeptember 10, 2014 - 7:34 pm
- The New York Times: Actress, Artist, Sometimes Both At OnceMay 20, 2014 - 10:29 am
- The Columbian: Arthritis Not stopping 20-Year-Old Nursing StudentApril 15, 2014 - 3:25 pm