MyRACentral: Rheumatoid Arthritis – Am I A Bragger?

Cathy from The Life and Adventures of Catepoo asks the following question, in her latest post at MyRACentral:

I hope that by sharing the good days I am experiencing right now that I can be a source of hope for people who are experiencing rough days rather than appear to be bragging that I am well right now and you aren’t. However, the dilemma in my mind always goes on – should only the bad days be shared? Does sharing the bad days connect us more than sharing the good days?

Read More: http://www.healthcentral.com/rheumatoid-arthritis/…

In my opinion, I think that BOTH the good and the bad should be shared.

On challenging days, like the one I’m having today, it helps me to both connect with others who are currently experiencing the same pain that I am feeling, AND hear from those people like you who are doing well!

2. Annamarie says:

Catepoo, I am so happy to hear you are having good days! Like RA Guy said, it helps to hear and connect with people who have been there and done that..I may be just now experiencing something that you have experienced numerous times..I find myself afraid and unhappy a lot not knowing how much to tell my family and friends..Your good days are appreciated as well as your bad day advice!

3. Frank says:

I listen to stories on these sites and I feel bad that I don’t have days like most of you do, and it’s been probably about 2 years since I’ve had any measurable pain, I have flareups once in a while but nothing like it was. I am taking Enbrel and I get scared that if I ever get a tolerance to it that I could slip back. I hope that if you ever end up like this, you take advantage of the time. It’s good to know that there are many others that have the same good days and bad days
    I’ve been on plaquenil, methotrexate, celebrex.
    I wish you peace and happiness

4. Russell Nulty says:

You should post the good times of course. Not only does it give the folks that aren’t doing so well, hope, but also communicates a real life experience.I am taking Enbrel and MTX, the pain is “better”, my fatigue is my worst thing. Altogether though I am better then when I first started the journey, and look forward to sharing good times. I believe RA guy said it best: “When we talk about our rheumatoid arthritis, we’re not complaining. We’re sharing our pain, and we’re sharing our hope.”

5. Cammie says:

Absolutely, 100% yes. Share the good, the bad and even the ugly days. Every day with RA should be shared. Imho. We can all learn from each through our individual day to day situations with RA. We can be happy for each other when we have good days. Certainly we can hold each other up when we share the bad days. Catepoo glad you are having some good days. My hope is that they will keep up. Gentle hugs to you.

6. Deb aka murphthesurf says:

To me it gives the complete picture of ra…the good, the bad, and the ugly. And even though at times it can break my heart to read the bad and the ugly, it does give me hope that the good is just around the bend.

7. Sunny says:

I agree, both the good and the bad should be shared. I often feel guilty when something good happens and I post it to a site I visit. Sometimes it feels as if only the tragic side of things should be recorded. This is wrong in so many ways. This disease already makes us depressed to begin with and being so negative in comments can only make that worse. Don’t you agree? Having the blogger share both sides acknowledges that there are times when things aren’t tragic, and that we can STILL enjoy life. Please continue to post good things. It is refreshing and encouraging.

8. Adrienne says:

I think it is important to post the good times and the bad times. Life with RA is not all lollipops and unicorns, but it is not all dark times either. I learn from reading other people’s stories whether they are upbeat or speaking to the pain. In my blog I write about my life with rheumatoid arthritis and all that goes along with it. The ups and downs. The highs and lows. The laughter and the tears. Keep writing whatever you feel is right for you!

9. Cooking with Arthur says:

It’s so important to share stories about the good days as well as the bad. It keeps us all happier, healthier and full of hope to be reminded that arthritis has its ups as well as its downs. Long may your good patch last Catepoo.

10. SKRDad says:

Keep sharing. Letting people know about the good days and the bad days gives them a more realistic view of what we go through. Very important, especially for all the newbies. Imagine you just got diagnosed and all you hear are all the horror stories. It could scare the heck out of people…
    So, keep sharing the whole picture and I sincerely hope you have more good days to share then bad…