“People with autoimmune conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, who are hospitalized, may have an increased risk of developing a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung). A report, published online November 26, 2011 in The Lancet, outlines the seriousness of the matter and the need for preventive treatment among hospitalized autoimmune patients. A pulmonary embolism can be life-threatening.”
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- People Magazine: Megan Park: Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis Has Made Me ‘More Empathetic’ As An ActorJune 5, 2015 - 10:30 am
- Accepting Chronic Pain: Is it Necessary?March 27, 2015 - 9:09 am
- Harvard Gazette: A Journey Into IllnessJanuary 12, 2015 - 4:19 pm
- Health.com: 11 Famous People With RAOctober 1, 2014 - 9:50 am
- Arthritis Broadcast Network: Spotlight On Arthritis SuperheroesSeptember 10, 2014 - 7:34 pm