“People with autoimmune conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, who are hospitalized, may have an increased risk of developing a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung). A report, published online November 26, 2011 in The Lancet, outlines the seriousness of the matter and the need for preventive treatment among hospitalized autoimmune patients. A pulmonary embolism can be life-threatening.”
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- The New York Times: Actress, Artist, Sometimes Both At OnceMay 20, 2014 - 10:29 am
- The Columbian: Arthritis Not stopping 20-Year-Old Nursing StudentApril 15, 2014 - 3:25 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Seeks Director Of FinanceJanuary 9, 2014 - 6:53 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Building Foundations for the FutureDecember 17, 2013 - 5:24 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Our Hands Can! Community StoriesDecember 16, 2013 - 1:51 pm