Study Suggests Bacon Could Help Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Researchers from a prominent American university believe that they have discovered an unusual (and very tasty) way to treat the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) — bacon.

In studies conducted at Minnesota State University (MSU) in Minneapolis, lead author and biology professor Marty Lunde and colleagues found that those who consumed at least two strips worth of the popular cured, salted meat reported experiencing less joint pain and stiffness than RA sufferers who dined on a vegetarian breakfast.

Read More: http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/1112505090/study-suggests-bacon-could-help-treat-arthritis/

RedOrbit.com: This story was originally published on April 1st, 2012 as part of an April Fool’s Day prank and promotion. It should in no way be considered as “real” news.

Can I pretend that today is *not* April 1st, and still use this as a reason to eat even more bacon? Happy April Fool’s Day everyone!

@Amy, yeah it was released on April 1st, and one of the organizations that is referenced is the Lancaster International Endocrinology Society, or (LIES).

Still, please feel free to change the date, print it out, and use it to justify all of your future increased bacon consumption! (This is what I’m going to do!)

3. Cathy says:

No problem, I am going to keep eating my bacon with delight. I keep a jar full of bacon grease in the refrigerator too. Yes, I am bad!

4. HayWire0831 says:

Source: redOrbit (http://s.tt/18DUc)

5. roseisarose says:

I’m sure someone will soon say to me “RA? Oh, you should START EATING BACON, my cousin started eating bacon and apple cider vinegar and she’s cured now”

6. Carole says:

Can I just say that bacon was recommended for patients suffering from rheumatic fever over 40 years ago by a leading university hospital in London, England and have first hand link with somebody who was prescribed this. Are you sure it is a prank?