Real Profiles of Rheumatoid ArthritisPhotos © Deb
Downingtown, Pennsylvania, United States
How long have you lived with RA?
I have lived with RA for probably 10 years, but was diagnosed 2 years ago.
What advice would you give to someone who has just been diagnosed with RA?
The advice I would give someone who just found out they have RA is, read up on the disease, join support groups and ask your rheumatologists tons of questions.
Do you use any mobility aids?
I do not have mobility aids.
How has living with RA helped to improve your life?
I think living with RA has slowed me down considerably. I appreciate the small things in life.
Do you have any visible signs of RA?
I do not have visible signs of RA, but the words fatigue are written all over my face.
Can you please describe some of your favorite coping strategies for living with RA?
My favorite coping ability with RA is a soaking hot tub or shower. Take life slowly. I try to stay positive, everyday.
Can you please describe your current medical (traditional and alternative) treatments?
20 Mg of Methotrexate once a week. Folic Acid daily.
Is there anything else about yourself that you would like to share?
I think a small part of me is still in denial. I used to be so active, so full of energy. Now, just making it through a 8 hour work day, is a huge accomplishment. I try to learn as much as I can of this disease, as well as, the others I have.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- The New York Times: Actress, Artist, Sometimes Both At OnceMay 20, 2014 - 10:29 am
- The Columbian: Arthritis Not stopping 20-Year-Old Nursing StudentApril 15, 2014 - 3:25 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Seeks Director Of FinanceJanuary 9, 2014 - 6:53 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Building Foundations for the FutureDecember 17, 2013 - 5:24 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Our Hands Can! Community StoriesDecember 16, 2013 - 1:51 pm