New Legislation Introduced in the Senate
The Arthritis Foundation is pleased that Senator Rockefeller (D-WV) recognizes the importance of access to affordable medications. He introduced on August 6, “The Affordable Access to Prescription Medications Act of 2009″ (S. 1630). This legislation would cap out-of-pocket costs for medications – including arthritis drugs under Medicare Part D as well as those with private insurance. It would cap prescription drug costs at $200 out-of-pocket per monthly prescription and a total monthly out-of-pocket cap of $500 for all prescriptions. Senator Rockefeller is working to include this legislation in health care reform legislation. Please tell your Senators about this important legislation and how it would greatly benefit people with arthritis.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- Show Us Your Hands! Seeks Director Of FinanceJanuary 9, 2014 - 6:53 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Building Foundations for the FutureDecember 17, 2013 - 5:24 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Our Hands Can! Community StoriesDecember 16, 2013 - 1:51 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Managing StressDecember 13, 2013 - 10:14 am
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Recalibration: Creating a BalanceDecember 12, 2013 - 11:07 am