New Legislation Introduced in the Senate
The Arthritis Foundation is pleased that Senator Rockefeller (D-WV) recognizes the importance of access to affordable medications. He introduced on August 6, “The Affordable Access to Prescription Medications Act of 2009” (S. 1630). This legislation would cap out-of-pocket costs for medications – including arthritis drugs under Medicare Part D as well as those with private insurance. It would cap prescription drug costs at $200 out-of-pocket per monthly prescription and a total monthly out-of-pocket cap of $500 for all prescriptions. Senator Rockefeller is working to include this legislation in health care reform legislation. Please tell your Senators about this important legislation and how it would greatly benefit people with arthritis.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- People Magazine: Megan Park: Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis Has Made Me ‘More Empathetic’ As An ActorJune 5, 2015 - 10:30 am
- Accepting Chronic Pain: Is it Necessary?March 27, 2015 - 9:09 am
- Harvard Gazette: A Journey Into IllnessJanuary 12, 2015 - 4:19 pm
- Health.com: 11 Famous People With RAOctober 1, 2014 - 9:50 am
- Arthritis Broadcast Network: Spotlight On Arthritis SuperheroesSeptember 10, 2014 - 7:34 pm