As I cruise the various blogs about RA, I see a lot of discussion about “visible signs” and “use of assistive devices” along with the omnipresent “invisible disease” conversations. On one hand we tend to rail against those who don’t understand that even though we may not look sick, we have a chronic, debilitating, uncurable condition.
On the other hand, however, we tend to view those visible signs of the disease — crooked fingers, using a cane — as a sign of defeat, a sign of disability. We really don’t want our disease to become visible.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- Show Us Your Hands! Seeks Director Of FinanceJanuary 9, 2014 - 6:53 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Building Foundations for the FutureDecember 17, 2013 - 5:24 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Our Hands Can! Community StoriesDecember 16, 2013 - 1:51 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Managing StressDecember 13, 2013 - 10:14 am
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Recalibration: Creating a BalanceDecember 12, 2013 - 11:07 am