Now, as part of Arthritis Ireland’s Juvenile Arthritis Programme, adults who themselves have/had juvenile arthritis can provide children with arthritis and their families with valuable insight and support. Becoming a JA Mentor allows adults to pass on the benefit of their experiences with arthritis, increasing the confidence of children and their families by helping them to better understand their condition and its impact on their lives. As an adult who has grown up with juvenile arthritis you will have so much relevant information to share with us and families affected by the condition. With your insight and knowledge we can develop supports that will impact positively on the lives of children and families now experiencing what you have been through.
Mentors can be just a phone call or email away when a young person is looking for their personal perspective on attending further education or planning an around the world trip. Adults who have lived with juvenile arthritis, we need your experience!
If you’re interested in becoming a JA Mentor or would like more information please contact Michelle Towey, Programme Co-ordinator on 01 6470208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- Show Us Your Hands! Seeks Director Of FinanceJanuary 9, 2014 - 6:53 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Building Foundations for the FutureDecember 17, 2013 - 5:24 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Our Hands Can! Community StoriesDecember 16, 2013 - 1:51 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Managing StressDecember 13, 2013 - 10:14 am
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Recalibration: Creating a BalanceDecember 12, 2013 - 11:07 am