Like many people, Nila Patel is feeling stressed about the prospect of entertaining her extended family during the Christmas holidays – but her concerns are exacerbated by the fact she has rheumatoid arthritis.
The 26-year-old, from London, is hosting a family dinner with her mother, but her fingers are badly deformed and her condition makes domestic duties more of a challenge.
“I will always try to help around the kitchen – but there are certain things I can’t do, such as peeling potatoes,” she said.
“My mobility is quite limited, and my activities. I can’t carry anything too heavy and I can’t grip very hard. I cannot carry a big pot from one hob to the other. I have to use two hands.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- Canyons, Bridges, And WavesAugust 27, 2014 - 8:23 am
- I Thank My Rheumatoid Arthritis For…May 25, 2014 - 1:07 pm
- Visual Journal: My StoryDecember 18, 2013 - 12:31 am
- FreefallDecember 11, 2013 - 11:46 am
- My Decision To Not Use Medicines Right Now Is All About Personal ResponsibilityNovember 6, 2013 - 11:13 am
- Arthritis Broadcast Network: Spotlight On Arthritis SuperheroesSeptember 10, 2014 - 7:34 pm
- The New York Times: Actress, Artist, Sometimes Both At OnceMay 20, 2014 - 10:29 am
- The Columbian: Arthritis Not stopping 20-Year-Old Nursing StudentApril 15, 2014 - 3:25 pm
- Name My Cane!November 9, 2013 - 11:51 pm
- StælkenNovember 4, 2013 - 1:57 pm