Like many people, Nila Patel is feeling stressed about the prospect of entertaining her extended family during the Christmas holidays – but her concerns are exacerbated by the fact she has rheumatoid arthritis.
The 26-year-old, from London, is hosting a family dinner with her mother, but her fingers are badly deformed and her condition makes domestic duties more of a challenge.
“I will always try to help around the kitchen – but there are certain things I can’t do, such as peeling potatoes,” she said.
“My mobility is quite limited, and my activities. I can’t carry anything too heavy and I can’t grip very hard. I cannot carry a big pot from one hob to the other. I have to use two hands.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- The Columbian: Arthritis Not stopping 20-Year-Old Nursing StudentApril 15, 2014 - 3:25 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Seeks Director Of FinanceJanuary 9, 2014 - 6:53 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Building Foundations for the FutureDecember 17, 2013 - 5:24 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Our Hands Can! Community StoriesDecember 16, 2013 - 1:51 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Managing StressDecember 13, 2013 - 10:14 am