Like many people, Nila Patel is feeling stressed about the prospect of entertaining her extended family during the Christmas holidays – but her concerns are exacerbated by the fact she has rheumatoid arthritis.
The 26-year-old, from London, is hosting a family dinner with her mother, but her fingers are badly deformed and her condition makes domestic duties more of a challenge.
“I will always try to help around the kitchen – but there are certain things I can’t do, such as peeling potatoes,” she said.
“My mobility is quite limited, and my activities. I can’t carry anything too heavy and I can’t grip very hard. I cannot carry a big pot from one hob to the other. I have to use two hands.
- Sky HighDecember 6, 2013 - 4:58 pm
- My Decision To Not Use Medicines Right Now Is All About Personal ResponsibilityNovember 6, 2013 - 11:13 am
- Rock BottomOctober 29, 2013 - 12:04 pm
- How I Keep On Moving While Living With Rheumatoid ArthritisOctober 17, 2013 - 10:23 am
- Your Life With Rheumatoid ArthritisSeptember 19, 2013 - 11:42 pm