Jordan Lynne

Photos © Jordan Lynne

Name?

Jordan Lynne

Age?

Location?

Los Angeles, California, United States

How long have you lived with RA?

7 years and I have uveitis.

What advice would you give to someone who has just been diagnosed with RA?

Don’t think that it stops you from doing things you like. There are ways to treat your JRA. Do all the things you like but if it hurts you may want to stop and rest.

Do you use any mobility aids?

Daddy carries me if I hurt.

How has living with RA helped to improve your life?

I don’t give up.

Do you have any visible signs of RA?

I have 2 scars on my right knee from surgery when I was 2 and my knees are bigger then they should be because of the JRA.

Can you please describe some of your favorite coping strategies for living with RA?

I cuddle up with my parents in bed and watch movies. I have a little stuffed dog, Peter, that was given to me as I was coming out of surgery when I was 2 and in the process of being diagnosed. I need Peter and the blanket my mom made me when I’m having a bad day.

Can you please describe your current medical (traditional and alternative) treatments?

Remicade, CellCelt, naproxen, pred drops too when my eyes are flaring and physical therapy.

Is there anything else about yourself that you would like to share?

When I’m sad I always pick myself back up. I try not to keep myself sad about having JRA.

Jordan blogs at Warrior for JRA and also has her multiple videos available on YouTube.

1. Lene says:

So nice to meet you Jordan. When I was your age, I also had JRA. Keep fighting! Thanks for blogging and sharing your life.

2. Cammie says:

Jordan what a true superhero you are. Thanks for sharing your inspiring story of courage and strength. Can’t wait to see your videos. Keep up the good fight.

3. Rebecca says:

God, I wish I could hug this little girl. Same age I was when I developed RA, but still, at 9, I wasn’t so educated and I hadn’t already gone through it for years. She’s so strong <3

4. Cynthia says:

Jordan You are an amzingly strong and wise young lady! At 39 I’m newly diagnosed and still trying to figure out my lif day to day. You give me strength. Thank you so much for sharing! And thank you to your parents!

5. Kelly says:

Jordan you are amazing and lucky too, I wish I had a daddy to carry me. Take care princess, you are special. xx

6. Caitlyn says:

Jordan, wow, you are such a brave/strong little girl! Keep it up. Stay strong and keep pulling through. Keep your faith. God is here for you and always will be and he is gonna help guide you in life. Just stay strong and trust in him. :)

7. Melissa says:

Jordan I’m in a Flare up right now. You’re such an inspiration to me. Thanks for sharing your story. God Bless you and your family. :)