Real Profiles of Rheumatoid ArthritisPhotos © Kacee Nicole Andujar
Kacee Nicole Andujar
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
How long have you lived with RA?
Since I was 16 months old.
What advice would you give to someone who has just been diagnosed with RA?
Never give up!
Do you use any mobility aids?
Not anymore, when I was small I had to use shoe supports and knee braces.
How has living with RA helped to improve your life?
It has made me stronger, more determined to reach my goals.
Do you have any visible signs of RA?
I have one thumb that is longer than the other. One foot is bigger than the other. One leg is slightly longer than the other. Still some signs of swelling in my knees they are larger than a normal childs.
Can you please describe some of your favorite coping strategies for living with RA?
I like to draw, read or anything to take my mind off my aches and pains. Sometimes, I just curl up with my mom.
Can you please describe your current medical (traditional and alternative) treatments?
I have no medical treatments at this time, as a child my body would not process the drugs so I could not take anything. Hot baths help a lot.
Is there anything else about yourself that you would like to share?
I want to grow up and be a singer, maybe you will see me on “American Idol” at some point.
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- Health.com: 11 Famous People With RAOctober 1, 2014 - 9:50 am
- Arthritis Broadcast Network: Spotlight On Arthritis SuperheroesSeptember 10, 2014 - 7:34 pm
- The New York Times: Actress, Artist, Sometimes Both At OnceMay 20, 2014 - 10:29 am
- The Columbian: Arthritis Not stopping 20-Year-Old Nursing StudentApril 15, 2014 - 3:25 pm
- Name My Cane!November 9, 2013 - 11:51 pm