Five months ago, RA Guy put out a call for submissions to a community collage showing the hands of people living with different kinds of inflammatory arthritis. “I knew I had tapped into something powerful when I saw my inbox completely full of photos,” RA Guy says. Many of the photos were accompanied by remarks like the above about how empowering it had been for the person to take the picture. “I felt that this deserved to be something more than just a one-time project, so I started thinking about people who I would enjoy working with. Lene’s name and Cathy’s name immediately came to mind.” At about the same time, I’d myself had a lightbulb moment while at the dentist and hurried home to write RA Guy an e-mail suggesting a collaboration. All three of us were already pretty overcommitted, but as RA Guy puts it, “when Lene sent me an email, I sort of figured that the three of us working together was meant to be.”
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- People Magazine: Megan Park: Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis Has Made Me ‘More Empathetic’ As An ActorJune 5, 2015 - 10:30 am
- Accepting Chronic Pain: Is it Necessary?March 27, 2015 - 9:09 am
- Harvard Gazette: A Journey Into IllnessJanuary 12, 2015 - 4:19 pm
- Health.com: 11 Famous People With RAOctober 1, 2014 - 9:50 am
- Arthritis Broadcast Network: Spotlight On Arthritis SuperheroesSeptember 10, 2014 - 7:34 pm