Five months ago, RA Guy put out a call for submissions to a community collage showing the hands of people living with different kinds of inflammatory arthritis. “I knew I had tapped into something powerful when I saw my inbox completely full of photos,” RA Guy says. Many of the photos were accompanied by remarks like the above about how empowering it had been for the person to take the picture. “I felt that this deserved to be something more than just a one-time project, so I started thinking about people who I would enjoy working with. Lene’s name and Cathy’s name immediately came to mind.” At about the same time, I’d myself had a lightbulb moment while at the dentist and hurried home to write RA Guy an e-mail suggesting a collaboration. All three of us were already pretty overcommitted, but as RA Guy puts it, “when Lene sent me an email, I sort of figured that the three of us working together was meant to be.”
Please consider making a donation to Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy.
- The New York Times: Actress, Artist, Sometimes Both At OnceMay 20, 2014 - 10:29 am
- The Columbian: Arthritis Not stopping 20-Year-Old Nursing StudentApril 15, 2014 - 3:25 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Seeks Director Of FinanceJanuary 9, 2014 - 6:53 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Building Foundations for the FutureDecember 17, 2013 - 5:24 pm
- Show Us Your Hands! Annual Report: Our Hands Can! Community StoriesDecember 16, 2013 - 1:51 pm