A sick girl’s quest for normalcy.
Sometimes the blog will be about nothing.
Sometimes it will be about heavy stuff.
Sometimes it will be a true story I made up.
Stick around and find out.
The blog’s URL comes from a Ray Bradbury quote:
We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out.
So. That other “About” page doesn’t really tell that much about me or about why I’m blogging. Still, it’s a link to a former blog, and in a way, a former self; the self that was too self-conscious and still too isolated to blog about my chronic illness. It’s a good reminder of where I used to be; hence. why it’s still up.
But, a little more about me now. I am a twenty-something reporter/copy editor/photographer/jill-of-all-journo trades living with (and sometimes dealing with) psoriatic arthritis, often referred to as PSA. At least by me, anyway. I’ve been working in the business for about 5 years and living with the symptoms of PSA for at least that long. (Coincidence? Hmph.)
I am married, with two furbabies — and don’t ask me if/when I’ll be having kid. It’s a pet peeve of mine.
I hope you enjoy what you read here, but I won’t be offended if you don’t. Being a journo has thickened my skin.
Read More: http://cupsquietlybeingfilled.wordpress.com/
- Sky HighDecember 6, 2013 - 4:58 pm
- My Decision To Not Use Medicines Right Now Is All About Personal ResponsibilityNovember 6, 2013 - 11:13 am
- Rock BottomOctober 29, 2013 - 12:04 pm
- How I Keep On Moving While Living With Rheumatoid ArthritisOctober 17, 2013 - 10:23 am
- Your Life With Rheumatoid ArthritisSeptember 19, 2013 - 11:42 pm