Superhero Arthritis Gloves

What’s a superhero supposed to do when his hands are hurting, but he can’t just drop everything he is doing in order to give them a rest? Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy pulls out and puts on his pair of Thermoskin Arthritis Gloves!

I don’t know if it is the slight compression or the warmth that is generated by wearing these gloves – or a combination of these two items – but I generally begin to feel some slight relief just minutes after putting on my gloves. One of the nice things about these gloves is that the material is thin and comfortable. This allows me to wear them for extended periods of time, and to continue to do what I normally do with ease.

And when they get dirty, we just wash them in the bathroom sink and hang them out to dry…within minutes, they are ready to wear again.

The one thing that I did not like – initially – about these gloves is that they have a slightly shiny scaly texture. It’s not too noticeable, but noticeable enough. In a way they look like something a superhero would wear…so I just remind myself of that, and continue to wear them with pride – whether I am in the privacy of my own house or out in public.

PRODUCT INFORMATION

Thermoskin Arthritic GlovesThermoskin Arthritic Gloves

Specifically designed to relieve arthritic pain in the fingers and hand. Outer layer is textured to provide extra grip, while the trioxon lining alleviates skin irritation, allows skin to ventilate, and increases circulation. Velcro closure allows for ease of application. Sold in pairs. Latex free.

More Info: http://www.amazon.com/Thermoskin-Arthritic-Gloves-Black-Sold…

1. Laurie says:

I have some gloves similar to this, and they help a lot. I wear them mostly when I sleep. Wish I could find some I could use at work, but with all the nurse handwashing I do…not practical.
    Good thing you posted this am…I always worry when you post “late” Have a good day!

2. Katie says:

I saw those gloves and posted them on my FB page a while back and wondered if they actually worked or not. It’s nice to know they offer some relief! Thanks for the info about them.

3. Wren says:

I second RA Guy on these gloves. I’ve had them for about a year, but only recently have my hands been painful enough to use them. And they ARE helpful. I think it’s a combination of the warmth and compression, myself; they also restrict movement of the hands, wrists and fingers just a little. Not enough to cause problems, but enough to help alleviate those sudden “OWs!” when you grasp something “wrong.” They’re well worth the price, which is small for something as useful as these gloves.

4. Terry says:

In my at home part of my life, I have never worn anything like this. At work I have to wear a “cut glove” which is a thin knit glove with cut resistant lining on the palm, and front and back of the fingers and thumb. I have noticed that I have better control over holding things as well as more grip when dealing with the rolls of paper (3400 lb avg weight), so I wear them most of the time at work, not just when I am using one of my knives. I am going to check into these. Thanks.

5. Sandra says:

RA Guy, I always learn so much when I read your blog.
    These gloves look great. I like how you described how easy these are to wash, quickly dry ready again for use. I like the black ‘goes with everything’ look.

Thanks,
    Sandra – The Arthritis Kitchen

6. rosie says:

i just got the gloves in the mail. my fingers are short and fat . so the gloves are a bit long in the fingers. can i trim the excess off?

7. Lisa says:

I am a portrait artist and haven’t drawn in awhile because of the pain in my hands. I asked my hubby to pick a pair of these up on his way home today to give them a try!